The Lifetime TV show Married at First Sight moves to Nashville, Tennessee, for its sixteenth season where 10 individuals will embark on an adventure to find their possible life partners.
Format of Married at First Sight Season 16:
As usual, the couple will wed a total stranger, vacation as a married couple, and then move in together. Each newlywed couple will have to confront the unpleasant reality of their marital status when the eight-week social experiment is through and choose between getting a divorce and going their own ways or staying married and building a future together.
When and Where to Watch Married at First Sight Season 16:
Married at First Sight Season 16 premiered on January 4, 2023, on Lifetime. You can also stream the show on streaming platforms like Sling TV, Philo, Hulu With Live TV, and DirecTV Stream.
Who is the Cast of Season 16 of Married at First Sight?
The list of cast members is as follows:
- Nicole Lilienthal
- Christopher Thielk
- Kirsten Grimes
- Shaquille Dillon
- Domynique Kloss
- Mackinley Gilbert
- Jasmine Secrest
- Airris Williams
- Gina Micheletti
- Clint Webb
The couples for season 16 of Married at First Sight:
The five couples at the focus of Lifetime’s social experiment, Married at First Sight Season 16, are as follows:
- Domynique (25) & Mackinley (33)
- Jasmine (31) & Airris (39)
- Gina (36) & Clint (40)
- Kirsten (32) & Shaquille (31)
- Nicole (32) & Chris (36)
Key Moments from the Show So Far:
Key Moments from ‘Runaway Groom?’
- In a confessional scene, Kirsten is a little judgemental of her new spouse since she points out that he is younger and has a beard, two characteristics she purposefully didn’t want.
- Nicole breaks down in tears when she finds the dress she ultimately chooses. Chris, who worries about being turned down, makes an effort to make a good impression with his choice of suit.
- Clint and Gina talk about their similar passion for exploration and travel and discover that they really reside in the same apartment complex and may have previously interacted.
Key Moments from “Music City Matrimony”
- Airris and Jasmine, after exchanging “I do”s and vows, the newlyweds concluded the ceremony with a traditional kiss.
- Domynique and Mackinley kiss after exchanging vows, rings, and “I do”s. He admits that he came to look for love, but is concerned that he is too old for her because he is 34 and she is only 25.
- Clint and Gina make predictions on the location of the honeymoon, speculating that it would take place in the Bahamas.
- Kirsten didn’t kiss Shaquille at the altar, and Shaquille doesn’t want to put any pressure on Kirsten.
Key Moments From ‘Honeymoon Hiccups’
- Shaquille tells Kristen how she took his breath away at the altar and how they’re both looking forward to making the match work.
- Dominique is informed by Mackinley’s mother that she finds the marriage absurd.
- When Nicole meets Chris’s family, they tell her about his enormous heart and maternal tendencies. This alerts her to the fact that Chris can be overly kind, and it is her responsibility to stand up for him.
- When Airris meets Jasmine’s family, they make fun of him for being the only child and tell him that marriage won’t be simple.
- Jasmine tells Airris about her most recent run-in with his cousin, acknowledging it was difficult but vowing to try her best to maintain a positive attitude.
Key Moments From ‘It’s All About the Journey’
- Chris and Nicole go on a private rum tasting, practice some new dancing routines, and Nicole is honest about the fact that she doesn’t drink much because she wants to do better at that aspect of her personality.
- Kirsten says she wasn’t initially taken with Shaquille, but her sentiments are developing as they talk about attraction.
- Gina clarifies that while she is truly independent and not needy, she has noticed a growth in her interest in Clint, which is a positive indicator.
- Airris surprises Jasmine by inquiring about her preferred sex position. Jasmine chuckles at first, but she eventually starts to talk, explaining that she isn’t against sex, she’s just more reserved in public and doesn’t like talking about it openly on camera.
- Domynique nearly falls to the ground after tripping over her heels, but Mackinley is there to save her. By eating dessert in the pool and developing their sex chemistry, they cap off their evening.
All the couples are doing well as of now but it will be very interesting to see what comes next in episode 6 You Dropped a Bomb on Me. Stay tuned to know more updates on the show.