American Idol has been a historical show for music lovers and has given an unimaginable boost to the young singers who got the chance of a lifetime to be on this show. American Idol has been running successfully for more than two decades now and has showcased amazing talents from the country in its glorious past and led the pathway for the contestants to showcase their talents so much that it has brought out talents like Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, and Scotty McCreery. Currently running in its 21st season, today we will be talking about American Idol’s Top 5 contestants!
About American Idol 2023
This year the first episode for the season premiered on February 19, 2023, on the ABC television network. It is being judged by legends Katy Perry, Luke Bryan, and Lionel Richie and is being hosted by Ryan Seacrest.
The current Season has shown intense competition between the contestants, all of them keeping their eyes locked on winning the title of American Idol this season.
American Idol 2023 Season Recap
A total of 35 Contestants performed in the Showstopper Round, which led to the selection of the Top 26. Continuous scrutiny is done after each round, where the judges and the audience critically examine the performances. The Top 20 were picked from the Top 26. Contestants left no stone unturned to secure their seats for every next round. For each performance the audience and the judges had a hard time choosing the Top 12 and then the Top 10 and then moving to the Top 8.
Colin Stough, Iam Tongi, Megan Danielle, Wé Ani, Zachariah Smith, Haven Madison, Warren Peay, and Oliver Steele were the lucky ones who made it to the Top 8 after giving back-to-back rock-solid performances.
Since the season is approaching its end, the stakes are getting higher than ever, no one wants to go back without winning the title. In the most recent episode, the Top 5 were revealed, leaving the fans both excited and disappointed as some of them made it to the Top 5 and some had to be sent home.
Who Are The Top 5 American Idol Contestants This Year
After a long run of this season, we have got out top 5 contestants. Let’s see who all made it here!
1. Wé Ani – She has been on National television since she was 17. She also made it all the way to the second runner-up for “The Voice”, where she competed as a teen. Her renditions of rocking R&B to breathtaking ballads and stirring soul – have been wonderful tributes.
2. Megan Danielle – The 20-year-old, a native of Douglasville is a Christian singer and also works as a waitress with her mother. Douglasville Douglasville. One of her memorable performances was on “Thank God I Do” by Lauren Daigle during the season.
3. Zachariah Smith – Zachariah Smith was the first to secure his position in the Top 20. The 20-year-old grill cook focused on his vocals for this performance and with his splendid performance Katy Perry saw him as a finalist right from the beginning.
4. Colin Stough – The 18-year-old country singer has been liked by the judges for his authenticity on the show. He has been a standout performer throughout the competition. He brought a Southern rock rendition of “Hand in my pocket” to the American Idol, which everyone appreciated.
5. Iam Tongi – 18-year-old Iam Tongi, from Hawaii, has ruled Social Media this season so far. This week, he performed a fantastic rendition of Alanis Morissette’s “Guardian” in his mom’s honour.
All the Top 5 American Idol contestants have impressed judges and fans with their wonderful voices and unique styles.
American Idol Contestants Out Of The Show
While these five contestants certainly earned their spots in the Top 5, their success came at the expense of some excellent singers who could not make it to the
1. Haven Madison – Haven Madison was the youngest contestant to make it to the Top 20 this season.
2. Warren Peay – Warren Peay used to perform with his signature Cowboy Hat and his guitar in Hand. He had also shared his struggles with alcohol addiction earlier.
3. Oliver Steele – He had one of the most memorable auditions for the Season 21 of American Idol.
While it’s always difficult to see talented performers go home, the Indian Idol Top 5 contestants have certainly earned their spots. The competition is now more intense than ever, and the whole world is waiting to know who gets to take the title of American Idol home this season.
Any guesses about who will become the American Idol Topper? Well to be fair, It’s quite difficult to pick anyone from the Top 5 at this point since all of them are talented and deserving of the title.
American Idol Season Finale will be aired on 21st May 2023, so till then keep enjoying brilliant performances and support your favourites among American Idol Top 5 Contestants!
Leave a Reply