People around America and India are finding it difficult to access apps like WeChat and TikTok due to certain impositions by the government. But how can you stay away from the fun that these apps give? There is a solution- popularly known as VPN. These let you download and access your favorite apps as well as watch movies and series restricted to a few OTT platforms. That’s interesting, right? While today, a lot of free VPNs are available over the internet, it is also important to note that not all free VPNs are good, especially when data privacy is a concern. In this blog, you will get an idea about what is VPN, the effects of using bad VPNs, and what are some of the popular most free VPNs available today.
What is a VPN?
You surely don’t want to be tracked or watched, even when doing nothing on the system. That is why taking care of your privacy factors is very important. While browsing using a VPN or Virtual Private Network, your information is completely encrypted, which means no one gets a chance to see what you are doing online.
When you attempt to access any website, your Internet Service Provider or ISP receives this request and redirects you to the destination. However, when you are connected to a VPN, it jumps in to redirect your internet traffic first via a VPN server, followed by sending it to your destination.
VPNs are known for creating a secure and strong connection between your computer network and computing device using any insecure communication medium like the public internet.
Are all Free VPNs Safe?
Undoubtedly internet is a truly hostile place for cyber thieves. Many internet providers are known for selling customer browsing history, letting the government check your actions, collecting data, and tracking your web. This is a big reason why people today started using VPNs, considering they will offer optimum protection from spies and snoopers. Unfortunately, not all the VPNs available are meant to solve your problems. There are few that can threaten your privacy, leading to a data breach. And thus, never trust a VPN blindly for use. Do your research work to find the most reliable one helping to solve your problems.
Popular VPNs available in 2023
To make sure you use only the best, here are the 5 best VPNs available in 2023.
- Mozilla VPN– Also referred to as the Firefox browser, Mozilla VPN is a very solid service hitched with a comparatively simple interface.
- Surfshark– A newcomer to the VPN market. Surfshark provides multi-hop connections alongside shielding the WireGuard protocol.
- Proton VPN- This VPN is better known as an all-in-one VPN, including multi-hop connections and optimum access to Tor network using VPN along with the regular VPN capabilities.
- Nord VPN– NordVPN is a popular one over the years and has managed to reign as a solid product for use with modern and consistent design across different platforms.
- TunnelBear VPN– If you are new to the world of VPN, TunnelBear is the one for you. All thanks to the friendly interface it features.
In this age of technology, it is very difficult to spend a day without using the internet, which brings to light the concern related to privacy and the use of VPNs. As a responsible adult, whenever you are using a VPN, make sure to pick up the best one after considerable research regarding its background, advantages, and purpose it is meant for.
Leave a Reply