The Zee Cine Awards 2023 marked the beginning of the much-awaited awards season, where the film industry came together to celebrate some of the most remarkable cinematic achievements of the year. The grand event witnessed the presence of the who’s who of Bollywood, making it a star-studded night.
Amongst the top honourees of the night were Anupam Kher, Alia Bhatt and Kartik Aaryan.
- Anupam Kher was awarded the Viewers’ Choice Best Actor for his outstanding performance in ‘The Kashmir Files’. The film depicted the harrowing tale of Kashmiri Hindus’ exodus in the 90s and was hailed as one of the biggest blockbusters of the year, resonating deeply with the audience.
- Alia Bhatt was honoured with the Best Actress Award for her remarkable portrayal of ‘Gangubai Kathiawadi’. It was one of her career-best performances and the film was amongst the first releases after the reopening of cinemas.
- Kartik Aaryan, the rising star of Bollywood, has added another feather to his cap by winning the Best Actor (Male) award at the Zee Cine Awards 2023 for his spellbinding performance in ‘Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2’, which was one of the biggest blockbusters of 2022. His nuanced portrayal of a psychiatrist in the horror-comedy film left a lasting impression on audiences and critics alike. With this accolade, Kartik Aaryan continues to cement his position as one of the most talented actors in the industry.
Zee Cine Awards 2023 – All the Winners
The year 2022 was a year of mixed emotions for Hindi cinema. The industry was in a state of flux, with cinemas reopening after a prolonged shutdown due to the pandemic. The year saw some surprising hits and unexpected failures at the box office, making it a truly unique year. Despite these challenges, the film fraternity rose to the occasion and delivered some exceptional work that was recognized at the Zee Cine Awards on February 26th.
Lets take a look at all the winners,
- Performer of The Year Male: Varun Dhawan (JugJugg Jeeyo and Bhediya)
- Performer of The Year Female: Kiara Advani (Jugjugg Jeeyo and Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2)
- Best Actor Male: Kartik Aaryan (Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2)
- Best Actress: Alia Bhatt (Gangubai Kathiawadi)
- Best Film (Viewers’ Choice): The Kashmir Files
- Best Film (Jury): Darlings
- Best Actress (Jury): Alia Bhatt (Darlings)
- Best Actor (Viewers’ Choice): Anupam Kher (The Kashmir Files)
- Best Supporting Actress: Sheeba Chadha, (Doctor G)
- Best Supporting Actor Male: Anil Kapoor (Jugjugg Jeeyo)
- Best Screenplay: Kashmir Files
- Best Music: Pritam, (Brahmastra)
- Best Debut: Rashmika Mandanna (Goodbye)
- Best Editing: Sanyukta Kaza, (Bhediya)
- Best Background Score: Sachin-Jigar, (Bhediya)
- Most Streamed Album of the Year: Sachin-Jigar, (Bhediya)
- Best Sound Design: Kunal Sharma, (Bhediya)
- Best Choreography: Bosco-Caesar, (Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2)