The Golden Bachelor is a part of The Bachelor franchise. The participants of this reality dating show are all senior citizens. The show was actually to happen in January 2020 but was delayed because of Covid. ABC finally gave a green light for the show this May. The filming of the show began in August in Los Angeles and was done across several other locations, including Costa Rica, where the final episode was shot. The show is all set to air this month on ABC.
Who is the Host of The Golden Bachelor Show?
The famous Canadian television personality Jesse Palmer will be hosting this dating show. Palmer is the host of The Bachelor franchises.
Who are the Contestants of The Golden Bachelor?
The Golden Bachelor for this show is Gerry Turner, who is 72 years old and is a retired restauranter and widower from Indiana. Gerry revealed that he is trying to fall in love and is looking for someone “who can put me in my place when I need it and make me smile at it. The person who can lay down beside at night, not have to say anything, and you feel it. That’s love. That’s what I want, and I know that person’s out there.”
22 female contestants will be participating in this dating game show and will try to win Gerry’s heart. The names of the contestants have already been revealed:
- Anna Zalk from New Jersey is a retired nutritionist
- April Kirkwood from Florida is a therapist
- Christina Kempton from California is a retired purchasing manager
- Edith Aguirre from California is a retired realtor
- Ellen Goltzer from Florida is a retired teacher
- Faith Martin from Washington is a high school teacher
- Jeanie Howard from Tennessee is a retired project manager
- Joan Vassos from Maryland is a private school administrator
- Kathy Swarts from Texas is a retired educational consultant
- Leslie Fhima from Minnesota is a fitness instructor
- Maria Trice from New Jersey is a health and wellness director
- Marina Perera from California is an educator
- Nancy Hulkower from Virginia is a retired interior designer
- Natascha Hardee from New York is a pro-aging coach and midlife speaker
- Pamela Burns from Illinois is a retired salon owner
- Patty James from North California is a retired real estate professional
- Peggy Dercole from Connecticut is a dental hygienist
- Renee Halverson-Wright from Wisconsin is an author
- Sandra Mason from Georgia is a retired executive assistant
- Susan Noles from Pennsylvania is a wedding officiant
- Sylvia Robledo from California is a public affairs consultant
- Theresa Nist from New Jersey is a financial services professional
All the participants are between the ages of 60 and 75.
When Will The Golden Bachelor Show Premiere?
The show will air on September 28, 2023 on ABC. The following episodes will be released once every week.