Single Drunk Female, the show centers on alcoholic Samantha Fink, who, following a public meltdown at a New York media company, is forced to take the only opportunity she has to sober up and avoid going to prison, returning home with her controlling mother, Carol. Samantha embarks on a journey to discover her best self once she returns to Greater Boston.
She “restarts her life” there, working at the neighborhood grocery store, surrounded by all the stimuli that initially caused her to drink. Samantha embarks on a journey to get past her worst self and discover her greatest self after being confronted by traces of her old life, including run-ins with her ideal former best friend who is now dating her ex-lover.
Organizations like GLAAD have praised the show for how it portrays LGBTQIA+ concerns through its bisexual lead character and other LGBTQIA+ characters.
Molly Ringwald Is Going to Make a Cameo Appearance
Molly Ringwald will make a cameo appearance in the second season. She will be portraying Alice, Sam’s favourite aunt, and Carol’s sharp, funny, “ideal” sister-in-law. Sam looks up to Alice because she consistently outperforms Carol just enough to annoy her.
The Release Date of Single Drunk Female Season 2
The series will premiere on Thursday, Jan. 20, 2023, at 10 p.m. on Freeform with back-to-back episodes. You can stream the show on Hulu.
The Cast of Single Drunk Female Season 2
- Sofia Black-D’Elia as Samantha Fink, a 28-year-old alcoholic who is forced to move back to her home
- Rebecca Henderson as Olivia, sponsor of Samantha
- Sasha Compère as Brit, Samantha’s ex-BFF
- Lily Mae Harrington as Felicia
- Garrick Bernard as James, a member of Alcoholics Anonymous
- Ally Sheedy as Carol, Samantha’s mother
- Jon Glaser as Nathaniel
- Madison Shepard as Gail Williams, Probation officer
- Jojo Brown as Melinda “Mindy” Moy
- Charlie Hall as Joel, Samantha’s ex-boyfriend
- Madeline Wise as Stephanie, Olivia’s wife
- Tom Simmons as Ronnie
Trailer Details of Single Drunk Female Season 2
In the trailer, we can see young Sam, who is an alcoholic attempt to get sober in the show. However, she will struggle to maintain long-term sobriety while coping with other personal issues, such as her controlling mother and learning that her closest friend is already seeing her ex.
Leave a Reply