Rubina Dilaik was born on August 26, 1987 in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh to Gopal and Shakuntala Dilaik. Her father is a writer and has written several books in Hindi. She has two siblings, Rohini and Naina.
Born: 26 August 1987 (age 35 years), Shimla
Spouse: Abhinav Shukla (m. 2018)
Height: 1.5 m
Parents: Gopal Dilaik, Shakuntla Dilaik
Rubina completed her studies at Shimla Public School and then earned a degree in English Literature from St. Bede’s College, Shimla. Even as a young girl, she was talented and participated in several activities. She is known to be a national-level debate champion in her school. Later she participated in beauty pageants and was crowned Miss. Shimla in 2006 and Miss. North India in 2008 (held in Chandigarh).
She aspired to be an IAS officer. However, destiny had something else for her, lets know her career better.
Rubina Dilaik – Journey so Far
- She was selected for a television serial ‘Chotti Bahu’ in 2008, setting her on the path of glamour and fame. She played the role of Radhika Shastri in the serial and reprised her role in the sequel too.
- In 2012, she was casted in ‘Saas Bina Sasural’ as Simran Gill
- In 2013 she was once again casted for a new serial ‘Punar Vivah’ on Zee TV.
- Rubina always had an opportunity to play powerful character roles. Between 2013 and 14, she played the role of Sita in ‘Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev’.
- She was Jeannie in the serial ‘Jeannie and Juju’.
Rubina Dilaik Awards and Recognition
She won the Best Personality in Colors’ Golden Petal Awards 2017 and Best Actress in ITA Awards 2017 for her role in ‘Shakti-Astitva Ek Ehsaas Ki’ where she portrays the role of a transgender – Soumya Singh. The show began in May 2016 and ended in October 2021.
This lovely actress shot to fame when she participated in Big Boss 14 on October 2020 and won the show. In 2022 this year, she participated in ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi 12‘ and made it to the finals – however, she couldn’t win. She is now a participant in the famous celebrity dance series – ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 10‘.
Rubina made her Bollywood debut in the movie ‘Ardh’ which was released in June 2022. The actress was married in 2018 to Abhinav Shukla, also an Indian television actor.
The actress also has a passion for interior designing and loves to eat ‘dal chawal’. She also loves to eat momos, jalebi, parathas, and red velvet cake. She admires Amitabh Bachchan, Madhuri Dixit, Priyanka Chopra, and Nick Bateman. Her favorite travel destinations are France and Italy.
Rubina is a gifted actress who has always lived up to the roles she has played in various television serials. Let us know which one was your favorite?